Visit the Welcome Center
Registration is based on the grade level of your child. All new families must submit an online SchoolMint application to apply and register. Families will rank all school choices available when applying, as applicants may not be chosen for their preferred school of choice.
When accepted to a school, newly enrolling families are required to complete the online registration in SchoolMint. To finalize registration, families are asked to bring the required documents to their designated registration site for verification.
Computer access available at:
134 Williams St.
New London, CT 06320
or call (860) 444-3181 for more information
Students entering grades 6-12 are invited to apply now for the 2022-2023 school year. We offer three, comprehensive magnet pathways: International Education (Developing & IB Candidacy), Visual & Performing Arts, and STEM. Admission is by lottery, so all you need to do is submit an application to the lottery online.
Click here to Apply Online
- Find out more about each of the pathways by attending an information session (see dates below)
- Create your SchoolMint Account.
- Rank each of the magnet pathways available to you in order of preference.
- Complete and submit your online application.
- After the lottery in February, 6-12 applicants will be notified via email and text message.
- Once accepted, complete online registration in SchoolMint.
- Bring all required documents to the designated registration site to finalize your enrollment.
- Attend student orientation and let us get to know you!
Lottery Application Deadline January 31, 20222022-2023 Multi-Magnet Campus Information Sessions:
- Middle School (grades 6-8) - 36 Waller St. New London, CT
- Wednesday, December 15 - 5:00
- Wednesday, January 19 - 5:00
- AND/OR check out our video about our BDJ Multi-Magnet Middle School Campus
- High School (grades 9-12) - 490 Jefferson Ave. New London, CT
- Thursday, November 18 - 5:30 (families can stay after if they would then like to attend the play at 7:00!)
- December 7 - 5:00
- January 12 - 5:00
- AND/OR check out our video about our NL Multi-Magnet High School Campus
Visit the Welcome Center
Choosing the right school district for your student is an important decisions. New London Public Schools is the first and only all-magnet public school district in Connecticut. Our district is committed to educating and graduating our diverse student community and specializing in our three, themed magnet pathways.
Our three magnet pathways are:
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) Pathway
- International Education Pathway
- Visual & Performing Arts Pathway
Please click here to learn more about our magnet pathways.
When you apply to New London Public Schools you will rank your school and pathway choices based on magnet-themed preference.
All Connecticut families are encouraged to apply.