Before School Care - Elementary Schools
Do you need to get to work before the time the school day starts? New London Recreation in partnership with NLPS will be offering before school care starting 7:00am for all elementary students at Nathan Hale and Winthrop Elementary Schools! If your student attends Harbor or Jennings, please call the recreation department for information on bus transportation to school. Financial assistance is available.
Date Information: Mon-Fri, on school days, Jan-Jun Monthly; 7:00am - Start of school
Cost: $35 per week (pay by the month) prorated for short week
Age Requirements: Grades K-5
Location: Nathan Hale, Winthrop
Registration ends June 10, 2022
Good News! New London Recreation department offers an after-school program on Wednesdays! Please contact them directly for registration information
New London Public Schools elementary after-school program supports students and families by providing age appropriate activities that enrich the school day curriculum and foster students’ emotional, social and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
The after-school program is a 4 day a week program, daily attendance is required. After-school programs are offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday on full school days. Program hours vary based on school day dismissal time. Please check with your school’s After-School Site Coordinator for details.
Each day students participate in three blocks.
- Upon arrival students enjoy a light supper and social time with their friends.
- Students and their teachers then transition to a quiet space by grade for academic support. Certified teachers provide engaging activities that reinforce school day learning, strengthen fundamentals and provide students additional time to complete the learning process.
- Throughout the school year students rotate through blocks of various club style activities presented by our teachers and/or community partners. Clubs may include Science and Nature, Technology, Gaming and Coding, Arts, Music and Dance, Engineering and LEGO’s, Health, Nutrition and Recreation, Environmental, Multi-Cultural, and Community Service projects.
- Registration is required. Please contact the After-School Site Coordinator at your student’s school for additional information. If the program is full, you will be placed on a waiting list and contacted when a space becomes available.
- There is no fee for this program however there is a daily attendance requirement.