The vision for technology use in the New London School District is based upon the school district's strategic plan and the district's overall mission of "United in Excellence”. With the knowledge that the world we live in has rapidly evolved into an information-based society, we believe the use of technology should be an integral part of contemporary education. In our ever-changing world, we’re seeing technology play an increasing role in our efforts to provide a quality educational program; improve efficiency and effectiveness in administrative functions; and strengthen communication within our school community. We have recently taken on large initiatives to make sure that all of our students have equal access to a computing device and internet, bridging the digital divide.
We believe a quality information technology system supports learning by:
- Enhancing instruction, supporting and enriching curriculum, and aiding students in the achievement of the Connecticut Academic State Standards.
- Creating technologically literate graduates prepared to meet the challenges and expectations of the global information-age society.
- Encouraging life-long learning and enabling students to become independent learners, critical thinkers, and contributing citizens.
- Facilitating the students' ability to access, analyze, synthesize and present information.
- Fostering a positive orientation to the future, enabling students to handle new technologies and constant change.
Providing equitable educational opportunities for all students.
- Offering on-going professional development to enhance the technological skills of staff, administration and the New London community.
We believe a quality information technology system provides administrative support by:
- Providing access to information through our district-wide voice, video, and data network.
- Supporting the efficient and effective operation and management of the district.
- Strengthening communication with parents and our community.
- Maintaining continuous attention and resources for technological growth.
- Seeking out, evaluating, and incorporating new technologies where appropriate.
Microsoft 365 FAQ for Parents
What is Microsoft (Office) 365?
How does my child log in to Office 365?
Does Microsoft 365 work on all devices?
What browser should be used?
What kind of device does my child need?
Does my device need a microphone or camera?
Does Teams have a parent login for monitoring of assignments?
How can I support my child?
What is the best way to get additional support?