New London Public Schools elementary after-school program supports students and families by providing age appropriate activities that enrich the school day curriculum and foster students’ emotional, social and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
The after-school program is a 4 day a week program, daily attendance is required. After-school programs are offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday on full school days. Program hours vary based on school day dismissal time. Please check with your school’s After-School Site Coordinator for details.
Each day students participate in three blocks.
- Upon arrival students enjoy a light supper and social time with their friends.
- Students and their teachers then transition to a quiet space by grade for academic support. Certified teachers provide engaging activities that reinforce school day learning, strengthen fundamentals and provide students additional time to complete the learning process.
- Throughout the school year students rotate through blocks of various club style activities presented by our teachers and/or community partners. Clubs may include Science and Nature, Technology, Gaming and Coding, Arts, Music and Dance, Engineering and LEGO’s, Health, Nutrition and Recreation, Environmental, Multi-Cultural, and Community Service projects.
- Registration is required. Please contact the After-School Site Coordinator at your student’s school for additional information. If the program is full, you will be placed on a waiting list and contacted when a space becomes available.
- There is no fee for this program however there is a daily attendance requirement.
Before School Care - Elementary Schools
Do you need to get to work before the time the school day starts? New London Recreation in partnership with NLPS will be offering before school care starting 7:00am for all elementary students! Registration will be monthly on our website- if you are unable to pay the full amount monthly please reach out to the office at 860-447-5230 for a payment plan.
Date Information: Mon-Fri, on school days, Starting September 6, 2022
Cost: $30 per week (pay by the month)
Age Requirements: Grades K-5
Location: Nathan Hale, Winthrop, Harbor and Jennings
Registration ends November 30, 2022
For questions contact Sharon Bousquet at 860-447-5230 or email at email@example.com. Please visit http://www.newlondonrec.com/youth.aspx
- BDJ Multi-Magnet Middle School Campus
- C.B. Jennings International Elementary Magnet School
- Harbor School
- Nathan Hale Arts Magnet School
- NLHS Multi-Magnet Campus
- Winthrop STEM Elementary Magnet School
- Erin Arzamarski
- Khaleed Fields
- Heather Grim
- Patti Namin
- Donovan Soucy
- Cynthia Vitorino