New London Public Schools students and families.
I hope each of you are healthy and safe. My name is Phil Orbe and I am the new Athletic Director for New London Public Schools. The purpose of this correspondence to connect with those interested in participating in athletics either at Bennie Dover Jackson Multi-Magnet School campus or New London Multi-Magnet campus. We are all looking forward to working with our Whaler athletes.
A few notes to be aware of:
- Students attending the Marine Science Magnet in Groton and Three Rivers Middle College in Norwich are eligible to participate in athletics at NLHS. Students going to other magnet or private schools are not eligible.
- Each prospective student-athlete is required to register for their desired sport. Student-athletes are not allowed to begin practice without having the following on file with the athletic director. Families may register their children via the following link Click Here Forms to be filled out include:
- Sports Participation Health Record (physical) – good for 15 months
- Parent Permission & Emergency Medical Form & Athletic Responsibility Acknowledgment
- Concussion Consent Form for Parents/Athletes
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Consent Form for Parents/Athletes
Official practice start dates for high school sports are listed below. Middle school start dates will be communicated at a later time. Due to COVID-19, the start dates for the various seasons are subject to change.
- Fall Sports
- August 13th - Football
- August 27th - all other sports
- Winter Sports
- January 25th– HS Girls and Boys Basketball,
- February 1st - HS Fencing
- February 4th – HS Indoor Track, MS Girls and Boys Basketball
- Spring Dates
- March 20 - HS Baseball conditioning
- March 29 - All other HS sports
Please visit the BDJMMC and the NLSMMC athletic pages for further detailed information.
Lastly, I am available to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Director of Athletics