Child & Family Agency of Southeastern Connecticut
Child and Family Agency Information
- All New London Public Schools have a School-Based Health Center, which are operated by the school’s community partner, Child & Family Agency of Southeastern Connecticut.
- A School-Based Health center is different from the school nurse’s office and your community primary care doctor, but works in collaboration with them.
- Students must be signed up for School-Based Health Center services by a parent/legal guardian.
- Once signed up, students can receive the services listed below.
- Health insurance is billed for services provided, but there is no cost to the family (no co-pays, deductible costs, or out-of-pocket expenses).
- Each School-Based Health Center has a Nurse Practitioner (APRN) and a Masters level Mental Health Clinician.
- You can find registration forms at the school-based health center, in your school nurse’s office, or at the Welcome Center.You can download the forms in English or Spanish here: http://www.childandfamilyagency.org/what-we-do/forms/
- Or, you can register online:
- English online registration form: https://www.childandfamilyagency.org/schoolreg/
- Spanish online registration form: https://www.childandfamilyagency.org/schoolreg-spa/
Medical Services Provided:
Well-child care (physical exams)
- New-entry to school district
- Annual school physicals
- Sports participation physicals
- Camp or Work physicals
- Required for school (e.g.: IPV, Tdap, MMR, etc.)
- Recommended by American Academy of Pediatrics (e.g.: Flu, HPV, Menactra)
Acute care visits
- Colds, URI, strep throat, conjunctivitis, etc.
Collaboration with student’s community primary care provider
Refer for primary care provider(s) & HUSKY
Chronic Conditions Education & Management
- Weight management (nutrition and physical activity counseling)
Mental Health Screens
Mental Health Services Provided:
Psycho-Social Assessments, Diagnosis, and written treatment plans
Education on mental health topics and classroom presentations (psychoeducation)
Consultation to school staff
Referral to community mental health services
Phone numbers and extensions for SBHC staff by school:
- Nathan Hale:
- Nurse Practitioner: (860) 447-6060, x 7537
- Mental Health Clinician: (860) 447-6060, x 7532
- Fax (860) 701-3770
- Nathan Hale:
If you have any questions regarding School-Based Health Center services or would like to schedule a medical appointment, please call our administrative office and our front desk staff will assist you! (860) 437-4555