C.B. Jennings International Elementary Magnet School is a Candidate School for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP).
International Education Pathway
The International Baccalaureate Program anchors the core of the learning experience at C.B. Jennings International Elementary Magnet School and encourages students to become active, self-driven learners that are culturally open and aware of the opportunities and challenges in a diverse and changing world.
In Kindergarten – 5th grade, the International Education Magnet Pathway provides an enriching environment that;
- Values the whole child
- Nurtures and develops students as caring, active participants in the lifelong journey of learning
- Fosters students' intellectual curiosity
- Provides opportunities for second language acquisition for ALL students
- Empowers students to take action to change the world and make it a better place
- Incorporates integrated thematic units of study that promote guided inquiry-based learning
- Includes direct instruction in Library Media Arts for ALL students
What are the advantages of an IB Education?
Does the PYP have a specific set of standards?
Does implementing an IB programme mean my child’s school will not teach local or national standards such as the Common Core?
When do students start and finish the PYP? When do they transition to the MYP?
Do IB Teachers receive special Training?
What is my role in the PYP? How can I learn more about the IB and PYP?