1. From your Inbox - or any other email folder – find the Search box at the top of your messages.
2. To find a word that you know is in a message, or a message from a particular person, type the word or person's name in the Search box. Messages that contain the word or name you specified appear with the search text highlighted in the results.
Narrow your search results
1. In the Scope group on the ribbon, choose where you want to search from – All Mailboxes, Current Mailbox,Current Folder, Subfolder, or All Outlook Items.
2. In the Refine group on the ribbon, choose whether you are searching by who sent you the message or by subject.
3. You can further filter search results by selecting:
Has Attachments – to find only emails with attachments
Categorized – to find emails that have been assigned a specific category
This Week – to search by when the email was received. There are several time periods you can choose from (Today, Yesterday, Last Month, etc.)
Sent To – to find emails sent to you, not sent directly to you, or sent by another recipient
Flagged – to find only emails flagged by you
Important – to find only emails labeled as important