The district is committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the best and brightest learners in our educators and students. We will actively recruit students and educators with diverse and unique talents and interests that drive their performance in our K-12 regional magnet schools.
The district is committed to the professional development of its educators. We will create a professional learning system that provides opportunities for growth and achievement in a supportive and safe learning environment. We will design educational experiences to be personal, meaningful, and authentic to its learners, which will improve their performance and satisfaction and lead to increased district capacity and outcomes.
- Establish a regionally competitive compensation and incentive system.
- Build a district and school culture and climate that fosters collaboration, support and professional development.
- Build and implement a Marketing Plan that tells the exciting story of NLPS’s transformation.
- Develop and implement an Operating Plan for recruiting staff.
- Develop and implement an Operating Plan for recruiting students
- Whaler Institute (see Culture of Excellence)