New London Magnet Schools of Excellence will continue to build and expand family, community, corporate and higher education partnerships. The partnerships grow out of a commitment to reciprocity and mutually beneficial collective action. Our partnerships offer a system of support, shared ownership, and are designed to enrich our educational offerings for students, families and staff within the system. The partnerships bring people of diverse backgrounds together in positive ways and strengthen our skills of cooperative conversation and collective intellectual engagement.
- Raise Foundation funding advance and sustain New London’s transformational initiatives. Target $100 million endowment.
- Research and develop a “Scholarship Fund” model, unique to New London Public Schools, to ensure that NLPS graduates can pursue a “tuition free” post secondary education.
- Develop and complete Memorandums of Understandings to align our college and corporate partners with our Magnet Pathways and schools.
- Expand internships and job opportunities for all of our secondary students.
- Increase volunteer opportunities for more citizens and individuals, from business and higher education, to serve as mentors and tutors and in other voluntary roles in our schools.