Technology Department Vision Statement
The vision for technology use in the New London School District is based upon the school district's strategic plan and the district's overall mission of "Educating for Life." With the knowledge that the world we live in has rapidly evolved into an information-based society, we believe the use of technology should be an integral part of contemporary education. We see technology playing an ever-increasing role in our efforts to provide a quality educational program; improve efficiency and effectiveness in administrative functions; and strengthen communication within our school community.
We believe a quality information technology system supports learning by:
- Enhancing instruction, supporting and enriching curriculum, and aiding students in the achievement of the Connecticut Academic State Standards.
- Creating technologically literate graduates prepared to meet the challenges and expectations of the global information-age society.
- Encouraging life-long learning and enabling students to become independent learners, critical thinkers, and contributing citizens.
- Facilitating the students' ability to access, analyze, synthesize and present information.
- Fostering a positive orientation to the future, enabling students to handle new technologies and constant change.
- Providing equitable educational opportunities for all students.
- Offering on-going professional development to enhance the technological skills of staff, administration and the New London community.
We believe a quality information technology system provides administrative support by:
- Providing access to information through our district-wide voice, video, and data network.
- Supporting the efficient and effective operation and management of the district.
- Strengthening communication with parents and our community.
- Maintaining continuous attention and resources for technological growth.
- Seeking out, evaluating, and incorporating new technologies where appropriate.